Mango is called the King of fruits for all the right reasons. Undoubtedly we all admire the mango season and it’s everyone’s favorite fruit (yes, I can speak for all). Well, the mango season is ending, so let’s adieu it with a satisfying tummy and some delicious homemade mango recipes. Below are my five favorite mango recipes that I tried at home.
- Mango Coconut Bars– It’s a vegan dessert bar with shortbread as a base, a creamy coconut-cashew paste in the middle, and topped with fresh mango pulp. The preparation is a time taking process but worth it. This surely tops as my favorite mango recipes among these five. Check out the detailed recipe here.
- Hong Kong Style Mango Pancakes- This an Asian fusion dish. It’s basically, a crepe wrapped with whipped cream and fresh mango chunks. It’s a signature dessert among the cafes in Hong Kong and so goes the name. The balance of sweetness is scrumptious in this dessert. This sure is one good looking mango recipe. Click here for the recipe.
- Aam Papad- It is traditionally prepared in Indian homes and surely will bring back your childhood memories. It is actually prepared using 3 ingredients only. Finely chop the mangoes (500 gms) and prepare mango puree. Cook the puree in medium flame for about 20 minutes, add sugar (150 gms), 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pinch of salt (optional). Grease a plate with ghee and pour the puree. Cover it with a cloth and let it dry in sun for 2-3 days. Scrap and enjoy!
- Mango-Chia Pudding- This is a healthy alternative to your dessert cravings with all the goodness of chia seeds. It can. be savored after a meal or can be eaten in breakfast as well. Soak the chia seeds in milk overnight. Layer the pudding with fresh mango pulp, chia seeds, and top it up with mango chunks and roasted coconut flakes (the crunchy flakes go well with the mushy base).
- No-Bake Mango Cheesecake- Well enough recipes have been shared across the internet for Mango Cheesecake. This stands as the most searched among the mango recipes as everyone wants a slice of cake. It’s a delicious layer of the biscuit base, cream cheese in the middle, and mango puree on top. It’s as simple as it sounds. Check out the complete recipe here.
I’m sure you’re tempted to try these mango recipes at home. Keep the calorie count on hold, go ahead and enjoy the mango delicacies while the season lasts!