This Lemon Cake Recipe is an outcome of my quarantine days. I went through a lot of online recipes and finally baked a small one with a little bit of tinkering. The cravings for desserts make me prepare my own. Here is a step by step pictorial procedure of “Eggless Lemon Cake”.
- Preparation time- 30 minutes
- Cooking time- 30 minutes
- Total time- 1 hour
- Photography- 30 minutes (at least for me)
- Eating time- 15 minutes (for you too!)
1. Take a medium-size lemon.
2. Grate the lemon to collect lemon zest.
3. Squeeze 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
4. You will need 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil.
5. Three cups of powdered sugar.
6. One cup of curd or yogurt.
7. Sieve 250 gms of all-purpose flour (maida).
8. I used a vanilla essence but a pineapple essence will go really good with this.
9. And lastly 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
10. Take a mixing bowl, add curd then powdered sugar and mix well.
11. In the next step, add lemon zest, lemon juice, butter and mix well.
12. Now add all-purpose flour in parts while whisking the batter. Add a few drops of vanilla essence (don’t spill like me), baking soda (you will notice an instant fluff in the batter), and mix everything well.
13. Take a baking pot, grease it with oil & flour, and gently pour the batter.
14. Preheat a cooker with salt in it for 10 minutes, place a stand and keep your baking pot. After 30-45 minutes the cake will be ready!
15. To give a more Lemon Cake look, I did the icing and decorated with lemon slices.
16. And your Lemon Cake is ready to eat! P.S. I’m having mine as I write this.
My cake turned out to be spongy and delicious one. This is an easy and quick Lemon Cake Recipe to try at home. I hope you found it useful, go ahead and try your lemon cake now. If you like it, please check out my easy smoothie bowl recipes here.